|VTCT Product Code: SP2C1||GLH: 120||Age Restriction: 14|
|Qualification Number: 601/4554/7||Units: 4||Registration End Date: 31/12/2016|
Who is this qualification for?
The VTCT Level 2 Certificate in Sport and Active Leisure (VRQ) is a Technical Award specifically for 14-16 year olds. This qualification aims to support young people to:
• develop a broad and comprehensive understanding of the sport and active leisure sector
• develop knowledge which spans the entire vocational sector and related industries
• develop academic study and transferable skills that will support progression within the sport and active leisure sector and more broadly.
Sport and active leisure has been and remains an extremely popular topic area that many young people are enthused by and aspire to. The aim of this qualification is to use sport and active leisure as a vehicle to develop learners more broadly, so they are sufficiently prepared and equipped with the knowledge, understanding and skills to pursue a career in any context.
What will learners study as part of this qualification?
This qualification is made up of two mandatory units entitled, Understanding the Sport and Active Leisure Sector, and Sport and Leisure Research Project. In these units, learners will learn about sport and active leisure and related sectors and how to carry out valid and reliable research. These units will be taught first and underpin all other units in this qualification.
Learners will also be required to complete two of the optional units listed below:
• Enterprise in the Sport and Active Leisure Sector - in this unit learners will research and develop new ideas for their own business enterprise in sport and active leisure.
• Marketing Sport and Active Leisure Products and Services - in this unit learners will look at sport and leisure business and then develop their own marketing materials and activities to support a product or service.
• Science in Sport and Active Leisure - in this unit learners will look at sports technology, conduct fitness tests, and recommend technological products and services to participants.
• Leading an Active and Healthy Lifestyle - in this unit learners will assess lifestyles and recommend positive changes to improve health and wellbeing.
Through undertaking this qualification learners will also develop a range of transferable skills including:
• Critical thinking and being reflective on self-performance and work produced
• Use of initiative, planning and researching skills, self-management, self-motivation and the ability to work independently
• Innovation and creativity
• Application of knowledge and understanding to real life examples and businesses
• Problem solving
• Communication skills - verbal, written and visual.
In addition to these transferable skills, learning about sectors, carrying out research, exploring businesses and new ideas for businesses, planning marketing activities and producing marketing materials, testing science and technology, and assessing lifestyles and suggesting imporvements to health and well being are all general skills that be applied to a vast range of topics and will prepare learners to progress to further learning in a broad range of subject areas.
Which subjects will complement this qualification?
This qualification covers a wide range of subject areas and will be well complemented by both GCSEs and other Technical Awards in related subject areas. Specific subject areas related to this qualification include, maths, English, science and business studies.
Mandatory Group - from this group you'll need to cover a minimum of 2 components
|Unit Code||Unit Ref||Unit Title||Level||Credits||GLH|
|USP34||M/506/6577||Understanding the Sport and Active Leisure Sector||2||30|
|USP35||A/506/6579||Sport and Active Leisure Research Project||2||30|
Optional Group - from this group you'll need to cover a minimum of 2 components
|Unit Code||Unit Ref||Unit Title||Level||Credits||GLH|
|USP36||M/506/6580||Enterprise in the Sport and Active Leisure Sector||2||30|
|USP37||T/506/6581||Marketing Sport and Active Leisure Products and Services||2||30|
|USP38||A/506/6582||Science in Sport and Active Leisure||2||30|
|USP39||F/506/6583||Leading an Active and Healthy Lifestyle||2||30|
*For full details of the Rules of Combination for this qualification please see the Qualification Specification/Record of Assessment book.
*To find specifications for individual units, click on the "Structure" tab of your chosen qualification, select the unit code in the left hand column and on the new page click on the "Download unit book" tab under the unit title.
VTCT accredits centres to offer our qualifications, but cannot advise which centres are running particular courses at any time. Please contact the centre directly to find out if they currently offering your chosen qualification.
NB: The location displayed for each centre is based upon the centre's main address. The location displayed is not necessarily the only location that the centre can deliver VTCT qualifications from. For further information on a centre's delivery capabilities please select the centre's website address.
|Olive AP Academy||01708 853781||Visit website||Essex - Thurrock|
|All Saints' Academy||01242 711200||Visit website||Gloucestershire|
|SkillForce||0161 222 0203||Visit website||Greater Manchester - Oldham|
|Bay House School and Sixth Form||023 9258 7931||Visit website||Hampshire|
|Coaching Connexions Ltd||0151 521 4010||Visit website||Merseyside - Liverpool|
|Retford Oaks Academy||01777 861618||Visit website||Nottinghamshire|
|Tuxford Academy||01777 870001||Visit website||Nottinghamshire|
|Ormiston Forge Academy||01384 566598||Visit website||West Midlands - Sandwell|